Sunday, May 6, 2012

Just Thinking

So today in my quiet time with God I read the Girlfriends in God devotion. It was another fantastic devotion that began to make me think. It was all about sharing and encouraging people who are going through difficult times by sharing difficult times that you yourself have gone through. This is a fantastic idea and concept that many people strive to do. For instance in this devotion it talked about a young girl who had cancer at the age of 11 and had to go through chemotherapy and have her leg amputated from the knee down. At first this was a great struggle for her and she very seldom let anybody know that she had a prosthesis until she felt God's calling to go and help those in similar experiences. She began going to the hospital weekly and encouraging other people going through a similar experience by sharing what she had gone through.

This story really got me thinking about my own life and what I'm willing to share with people. God has blessed me with the ability to know when someone is struggling and to approach them. Whether with a funny remark or a long and deep discussion I have often found myself talking to many people about a wide variety of circumstances going on in their lives, whether I myself have gone through them or not. I'm not sure why just one of those gifts that  I should thank him for. However due to the fact that many people come to me to share experiences I feel that this is a gift that I must continue to share and hopefully bless people with. I need to reach out and find those people who need me and even when I feel scared or afraid to step out of my shell and feel the comfort of my savior's arms around me using me to his will. I am going to challenge myself to do this and hope with the Lord's help I am able to.

Peace and Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment